Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Believe

This song was inspired by Romans 8:32, a scripture that really struck me when I read it, quite sometime ago. Believing God's promises and accepting that He is always in control is pretty difficult when we are in the midst of unpleasant circumstances and many unanswered questions. However, we are reassured that if He could give His son for us then we can trust Him to give us "all things".

I am neither a wonderful song writer, a good singer nor a wonderful guitarist. I'm just very expressive and like to use whatever i find handy to express what's inside. So I pray you are inspired by this song though I didn't sing is very correctly (according to the lyrics- which i also wrote myself...lol)




"I Believe"

Verses:
If You could calm the raging sea
If You could make the blind man see
If You could give Your son for me
What can't you do for me

If You could raise the dead to life
If You could rain bread from the sky
If You could give Your son for me
Then what can't You do for me

Chorus:
So forgive my faith-less-
ness
when I feel in the rain,
Lord please, forgive my forget-
ful-ness
of how great You are
Oh father, forgive my short-sighted-
ness
to your work in my life
'Cos if You could give Your son
What can't you do for me

Bridge:
I'll believe
yes I'll believe
'Cos You never change
You never change

I believe
yes I'll just believe
'Cos Your still the same
and You will remain
(x2)

End verse:
He who could split the sea in two
Whose word is ever true
and whose son He gave for you
What can't He do for you

1 comment:

  1. Gt.........honestly cant get enuff of dis song mehn!!!..........well done, seriously!!!

    more more more!!!!!!

    lol...
    oluchi

    ReplyDelete

Please include your name if you are an unregistered user. Thanks