Friday, June 26, 2009

The Rain

I was inspired to write this song as an expression of the joy experienced when 'returning home' after wandering away or momentarily getting distracted from one's intimacy with the Father (God). In this lyrics, "rain" is used figuratively to refer to Gods' mercy that makes us clean again and takes us in. Hope you are inspired by it. Please drop a comment (suggestion or anything you want to say) after listening. Thanks!



Verses:
I never knew that I could stray
so far away from your embrace
I turned my back and walked away
forsook your mercy, love and grace

but never found love like You showed me
I broke your heart O' Lord I'm sorry
been with the crowd and been alone
Lord I just wan' come back home

The sky is changing, clouds are forming
your open arms are waiting for me
I feel the wind of hope and drops of mercy
I'm happy as can be
'Cos...(chorus)

Chorus:
I see the rain coming
the rain falling on me
it's gonna wipe away the stain
it's gonna wash away the shame
from me
the rain falling on me
it's gonna take away the pain
make me pure and whole again

Special thanks to Oluchukwu Chiazor (Oluchi) for doing the vocals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your name if you are an unregistered user. Thanks