Saturday, November 28, 2009

OK...I am jonesing again!

I can’t sing you that song I wrote you ‘cos I’m still not sure I’ve got the right lyrics, tune and voice for it
I can’t say “I love you” cos its now cliché and...
I can’t say I know you very well; which should actually come first.
I can’t be too caring and nice cos I can’t risk being misinterpreted for an unveiling disguise.
I can’t see through your eyes but I’ld love to know how I appear to you; but I can’t.
I can’t be too direct with my words cos this way I hide my cowardice, get stuff off my chest and get compliment for poetry at the same time. Ha ha…
Yeah, I can’t help staring at you when you’re excited and making those bold expressions on your face
I can’t deny that you’re really (really) beautiful…and your smile is just so charming and adorable
And I can’t pretend not to know how desired you are by many and how blessed ‘the one’ would be and feel to have you.
And forgive me…I can’t stop finding you amazing, cos you really are; you’ve got that rare ‘something’!

But hey, I’m not such a loser…there are certain things I can do;
I can keep simple promises like “I’ll buy you lunch” and “I’ll pray for you”
I can understand if, somehow, we never go dancing, for whatever reasons…it’s ok, we could just spend time talking ‘real’ stuff, picking on each other and playing
And yes, very importantly …I can say “I will kill you” in your own dialect (& I hope you’re totally scared now)
I can tell you the scarce truth when you need to hear it…yeah, I can be unnecessarily helpful sometimes
I can keep secrets.
I can keep you company while on our way on a short journey
I can guess you will never read this if I don’t show you but that’s ok….cos
I can live with you not knowing these

Please don’t mind how I just put words and ideas together and make a post, “that’s just how I roll”. This time I just felt like doing it this way and hey, I still think you are amazing! And I hope this sincere note makes you smile (at least for a second).

GT

2 comments:

  1. Thanks GT :)
    This is beautiful in such a pure sense and it made my day!
    It did make me smile so thank you :)
    and you know who this is hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY!

    I remembered this poem you wrote and I needed to come back and read it and say THANK YOU again! Because people like you are inspiring and bold and you may not know it, but you helped me to believe in myself and that is one of the greatest gifts you can give to someone.

    So thanks, GT. You're awesome and I will never forget you!

    ReplyDelete

Please include your name if you are an unregistered user. Thanks