Friday, May 1, 2009

This Is Reality

What a way to say 'welcome'!
just one day and i already feel it shouldn't stay.
Yes. It was about real issues.
maybe a little too real.
Well,
the payback feels pretty real too.
i guess that's reality for you


Welcome to a world where swords are made from words.
poetry is a weapon
headed towards the writer.
so how could i have found it
a panacea of relief.
I'm puzzled!
maybe I'm taking it too hard
or maybe that's just reality for you.


Dear Lord,
please help me write better poems and
please, please
please help others to learn
how to read and interpret them
so that i will once again feel like sharing.
cos this wasn't a nice welcome.
but apparently,
that's just reality for you.

4 comments:

  1. i like ur writing,..reminds me a lot of myself, i love & have always wanted to write a good piece of work. but i never think my work is ever good enough...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10x...guess writing is just my own way of 'easing' my self. unfortunately not everyone seems to flow with it..especially poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Why do u sound discouraged so soon? It's kinda normal for people to criticize the work of a writer. But not to worry, what matters most is that it flows right from your heart, and the write-up is uniquely yours. Good job bro! I enjoy reading ur write-ups, keep it up!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. not criticism...misinterpretation

    ReplyDelete

Please include your name if you are an unregistered user. Thanks