Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Favourite Songs


Carried to The Table
Artist: Leeland
Album: Sound of Melodies
Video:

Why?
This song humbles me with deep realization of God's love and favour to an unworthy me.


Let It Out (Shout)
Artist: Kirk Franklin
Album: Imagine Me
Video:

Why?
Being real (I mean, really real) to people (even those very close) about sensitive past experiences or personal struggles are most times as hard as the struggles themselves. While some people believe it is safer to 'lock them up' somewhere inside and pretend they don't exist, I realize doing that neither makes you better than who you really are nor helps you fight them. Letting it out is hard but necessary, for us and others.

Meaningless
Artist: Anthony Evans
Album: Letting Go
Video:

Why?
Life is filled with so much
'music' and 'noise' that it becomes very easy to be tuned to the rhythm of worldly pursuit. Living for God is more than just having Him in the picture; it is making him the centre and realizing everything else is meaningless in itself. Yes! degree, material possession, life...everything is "meaningless without you", Lord!

Desert Song
Artist: Hillsong
Album: This Is Our God
Video:

Why?
I must admit, what first attracted me to this song was its groovy instrumental...really nice, always makes me want to dance. But, listening to it more meaningfully i was reminded of my 'downtimes' when things couldn't have been any worse; depression and many unanswered questions. In such seasons it takes a lot more than just being a good Christian to sincerely praise God. Listening to this song, I pray that I may never be too overwhelmed to remember "all of my life, in every season, you are my God, I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your name if you are an unregistered user. Thanks