Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Behind The Velvet Curtain

The world is one big theater
I'm on stage
the smiles and laughter
words
gesticulation
pacing end to end
stooping and standing
jumping and cheering
Are all part of the show.

Its yet another act
the moment I'm not alone
And what happens there
apparently matters most
Its another encore
or another boo
Its my name I hear
but I'm convinced its not for me.

They've hardly ever seen me
Its him they know;
the guy on stage
Its him they see
like or hate
Its him who talks much
and 'gingers'
Hes the one they find
good or bad.

The curtains are too thick
so they can't see through
and never may
But I'm there
Maybe doing something better
who knows
And may deserve a louder cheer
but who will ever know
Who will ever dare to look
behind the velvet curtain
for there only can be found
the true me;
and the true you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your name if you are an unregistered user. Thanks