Monday, December 7, 2009

Hide & Seek

Lets play 'Hide and Seek'
It's simple
We won't need the sand
You don't need a stick
You won't need to run or even speak;
Just a choice and a sneak
Without a noise and quick
If I catch you, I win!
It's simple;
It's called 'Hide and Seek'

'Hide & Seek' is a situation that emerges very often between people. It is that state in a relationship or interaction between people and/or events when there is too much more known and felt than expressed. It's like an 'everybody knows it but nobody says it' scenario; where dissent is done with perfect silence; a cowardly specie of pretense that "everything is alright if you (they) say so". And Its annoying! Especially when reasonably high familiarity exists between the parties involved. Well, sometimes it's fun to 'play along' to enjoy the other party-or parties'- act but still it's not something I love! But apparently it works for many people; they don't have to "speak up!" and risk being wrong or appearing 'weaker'. Anyways, It's a good idea to yield to the bid of pragmatism and just ''shhhhhh" if the result promises to be better. Also speaking up very regularly, i believe, reduces how valuable your expressions are sensed. Even the Bible hints that "a fool is considered wise until he speaks" and that's something note-worthy. But still, I really dislike when people make it a habit or attitude to 'hide and seek' about almost everything and effortlessly act 'cool' while the volcanoes within continually boil. Nevertheless, I acknowledge that others don't think/act like me and I shouldn't really expect them to....that's why the 'game' shall seemingly remain, to be played.

For me, experience has made me aware that there are unpleasant downsides of both ends of the rope so I've chosen to rely on the leading of the Spirit of God in me but, since I'm still learning to listen, I shan't boast of always getting it right. However, my 'un-spiritual' preference would be that people speak up about things -when it can make a necessary difference - instead of holding back and letting them get worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your name if you are an unregistered user. Thanks