Saturday, December 12, 2009

This Love

If this is love, Lord, what was that?
It's just so different;
It's so pure; it's so meaningful
"Teach me to love" was what I asked
But Lord
This one heals
From my thoughts to my desires
It fills, it satisfies
I can't get enough

It humbles my will,
It tames my zeal,
Lord, it speaks...it really speaks!
It stills and speeds me
With each pulse it leads me
Even when I'm silent and unsure if I'm loving right
It whispers
"Just hold on...never let go,
This one is different!"

It's so inexplicably beautiful.

If this is love, Lord,
What was that?

"Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you...my soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me" -- Psalms 63:3, 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your name if you are an unregistered user. Thanks